Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » Ken0069's Blog

Post subject: Steeda
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:23 pm 

I met this 20 something kid today, who wanted to talk to me about what cam to get. He had a new Mustang, with the words Kuwait on the back window. He was from Kuwait and had fairly good English. He has purchased a 700 horse Supercharger for it and needs to figure out the cam grind. I referred him to the local Hot Rod shop. The owner is kind of a car Mentor to me and he did race for many years.

The Kid said there are 5 of them from Kuwait that are in our College and they all have Mustangs with Kuwait on the back window.

I hate to make a guess how they are financing College. I might be wrong though.

Anyway what struck me funny, when he was looking at My 72 Cutlass, he asked what are those yellow wires going into the side of the engine.

I said those are the spark plug wires.

Post subject: Re: Steeda
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:03 pm 
Site Admin

Hummm, if he doesn't know what plug wires are then sounds like he needs more than a little advice. How's about a little "hands on", or is "daddy's money" going to buy him what he wants and pay for someone to install it for him!

Since he's going to college here you can probably assume that he and his friends families have money and they are likely footing the bill. Let's hope anyway! ;-) If they were Mexicans then I'd say that we were paying for it.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:20 pm 

I guess. I was told by a friend that owns an old Motel that her Neighbor Motel owners who are all from the Middle east were given the properties as some sort of Government help them get started program, and the Government funded the project for the owners of the motels next to her. She claims that is why they did not make any improvements and, they also allow prostitution. It is an older area. She rehabbed her Motel from her parents and keeps it clean. She won't allow any drug addicts or rif raf.

He probably wants someone to chose a Magic Cam, Then street race everything in town until he gets the car impounded, or wrecks it, or ends up on the 5 o'clock news for running over someone while racing.

I am careful and do not chose a street race but maybe a couple of times a year and I will only go for a block or so if it's clear. Then I will let them catch up and pass me it they still want to keep going. Sometimes they just give up or turn off. (I am not bragging there are just a lot of stock non-modified cars here. There is always someone faster though. I can't keep up with a supercharger on a Camaro or Roush Mustang.) Some of those have a top speed of 160. I will not drive 90 miles per hour in a 30 like some of the younger generation.

I plan on hitting the track this next summer.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:29 am 
Site Admin

Any more the cost is just too high to street race as here in Va you go to jail and they impound your car which is eventually sold at public auction if you are convicted.

Board index » Racing Forum » Ken0069's Blog