Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » Ken0069's Blog

Post Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:42 pm 
Site Admin

Got our first snow for this season late this evening. Just stopped within the last hour and we got like 4" in about 3 hours. It was coming down so hard that what fell in between the heat pump running was so deep that the fan wouldn't blow it off. I had to go out there and sweep the top off each time it came on.

It was falling in flakes that looked as large as a silver dollar and when they hit my hat I could actually feel it. Real wet too so it's going to be a bitch in the morning for those that have to go to work.

And this came after we already had 3 consecutive days of rain!! Probably be some flooding before it's done.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:55 pm 
Site Admin

Looks like winter finally hit us here in Virginia. Low tonight is suppose to be 11*! O:) It's not suppose to get above freezing for the next 3 days with snow and sleet in the forecast for Friday and a high of 29*! #-o With temps this low, that means that the ground will already be frozen and the crap will hang around longer this time. [-(

Post Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:43 am 
Site Admin

webermaniac wrote:
You might find comfort in that I have to go through waist deep snow to get to my car in the parking lot these last weeks :D

Yeah, I saw where you guys in Moscow are getting hammered again! Did ya ever think about moving south? ;-)

Post Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:33 am 

74˚ here yesterday afternoon, 52˚ this morning, but we don't get to look at the pretty landscape that snow gives you guys.

Pros & Cons for everything.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:40 pm 
Site Admin

22* outside and it started snowing about noon Eastern time. Ground is frozen and NONE of it is melting so me just might have a "nut dragger" before this is over. =D> Forecast is calling for "moderate" accumulation? :-s Not sure what that actually means but it is what it is and since I've got nowhere to go, let'R snow! ;-)

Post Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:13 pm 
Site Admin

Was 74* here this afternoon and sunny. O:) Faye and I took our daily walk and I only wore a T shirt and jeans! Actually could have worn shorts too. This warm weather came from down Donee's way as it was in the 70s there when I talked to him over the weekend.

Forecast for tomorrow is rain and 71* then Thursday it gets colder with a high of 45*.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:19 pm 

Supposed to be 32˚ in the morning, high in the high 50's. Coming at you Ken!

Post Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:56 pm 

Well its finally happened, Al Gore has stuck his nose into Australian weather, AND FAILED!!!. He was reported on our news as saying that the current floods here are a direct result of the global climate change. Well he needs to get his facts in order, the rains and flood levels have approached or just beat in some cases the weather of 1939. throughout 1939 to 1943 the same weather extremes were experienced here, Then it happened in the early 1970's and also in the 1898's. Does anyone else see a 40 year or there about pattern here???. 1898, 1940, 1976, 2013. Then someone else got on telly and said" We have had 6- 100 year events in the last decade", DUMB thing to say, obviously there not 100 year events are they!. The periods I mentioned were not one year floods, there flood cycles over a few years just like this has been for the last few years.
In the Northern hemisphere the weather is similar to the 1940's I just know that because it was the most extreme weather in Europe that made it difficult for the Germans in Russia, really cold just like now.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:58 am 
Site Admin

GORE LIES! He was caught red handed lying during his presidential campaign. He's just another though as the progressive party here is full of them and the lamestream medial are still giving them a pass on ALL OF IT! Low information voters eat it up though as if they tell a lie enough times, sooner or later it becomes truth to them.

I've got enough ammunition to disprove the man made climate change crap right here on MSV and that list of links continues to grow.

And it just proved what a hypocrite GORE really is when he sold Current TV to Arabs who get their $$ from the sale of CO2 producing fossil fuels when Glenn Beck had tried to buy it but they wouldn't even talk to him, ie, politics trumped climate change on this one.

PSSST! IT'S ALL ABOUT THE MONEY FOR THE RULING CLASS, THE MIDDLE CLASS BE DAMNED!

Post Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:36 am 
Site Admin

Slowpoke wrote:
Supposed to be 32˚ in the morning, high in the high 50's. Coming at you Ken!

It's 28* here now with a wind chill of 18* thanks to 30MPH wind gusts. Overnight it's suppose to hit 12* and there's snow in the forecast for Sunday. Yup, it's still winter all right. ](*,)

Post Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:33 pm 

Thunder snow last night O:) Turned everything white in about 45 min 33*. \:D/ This morning 9* wind chill -4* #-o Come on spring!! \:D/ \:D/

6.7772 @ 101.51 1/8th 10.747 @ 122.24 1/4

Post Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:30 pm 
Site Admin

Weather forecast had us getting 2" of snow today/tonight?? It started snowing here around lunch time and here it is 4:30pm and we've already got close to 4" on the ground now, and, it's not suppose to let up until some time before noon tomorrow! At the rate it's going now, we're going to get 8/10" if it continues until noon tomorrow. [-(

Board index » Racing Forum » Ken0069's Blog