Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » Ken0069's Blog

Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:05 am 
Site Admin

This is a perfect example of what is wrong with Congress in general. Here they got an aid package together that was Sandy only stuff that amounted to about 30 BILLION dollars only to have two Democrap Senator assholes from NY State drop another 30 BILLION DOLLARS WORTH OF "PORK" IN IT. And the Republicraps in the Senate voted for this crap??? [-(

So the House leadership has tabled it and now it won't get voted on until the 113th Congress meets in the next few days. Good for them!!

House kills Sandy relief bill amid fiscal cliff vote

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/01/02/house ... z2GvcD7pfI

Quote:
To the dismay of northeastern politicians and their local press, House Republican leadership chose to delay a vote on Hurricane Sandy relief funds Tuesday evening.

According to House Oversight Committee Chairman Darrell Issa, a California Republican, the bill did not go to a vote before Congress adjourned because New York’s two Democratic senators “packed it with pork.”

“They had the opportunity to have a $27 to $30 billion dollar legit relief package, packed it with pork, then dared us not to vote on it,” he said on “Fox and Friends” Wednesday morning. Among other non-Sandy related items in the $60.4 billion bill, reports The Atlantic Wire, was $150 million in aid to Alaskan fisheries.

An aide to Speaker John Boehner says he is “committed to getting the bill passed this month,” according to Roll Call. But Boehner’s decision to forego a vote on the bill, which had been approved by the Senate on Dec. 28, means that the 112th Congress will end without passing a Sandy relief package.

The leadership’s decision to kill the bill was attacked by both Republicans and Democrats from the northeast. Rep. Peter King, a powerful and long-serving Republican from New York, called the move “absolutely indefensible” and “a betrayal of trust.”

“I am here tonight saying to myself for the first time that I am not proud of the decision that my team has made,” Rep. Michael Grimm, a Republican who represents the still-suffering Staten Island borough of New York City.

Hurricane Sandy devastated coastal areas of New York and New Jersey when it made landfall late last October. It either destroyed or left uninhabitable at least 2,000 homes in Long Island alone and, according to New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, could cost his state $42 billion in damages.

Oh, and one thing I haven't been able to figure out on this aid thingie? Don't people in the Northeast have home owners insurance like those of us in other parts of the country have?? :-k Just saying..............

Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:54 pm 

I see all this blame on the news toward Boenor when he is doing the right thing. Who ever added pork is the ones that should be stoned in public.
[-( [-(

Ken I really thing a lot of this money is for the cities and townships. Yes some is for misplaced folks that need a hand with a place to stay short term. My sister in law had rented this place for 30+ years (long Story) and it got heavily damaged and the owner decided not to put the money in it. So they are staying with her husband mother. They had renters insurance for their stuff. I guess the owner didn't have it on the house. :-

6.7772 @ 101.51 1/8th 10.747 @ 122.24 1/4

Board index » Racing Forum » Ken0069's Blog