Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » Ken0069's Blog

Post subject: Sick!
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:32 am 
Site Admin

Was planning to take the car to Piedmont Dragway today but got up yesterday morning with what has blossomed into a killer chest cold so I sent PB an Email this morning around 4am letting him know the trip was off.

It's a shame too as today is going to be a really good day and Piedmont has a race/test & tune scheduled which means the track will be really good! I was looking forward to running some 4.9Xs today but I guess it just wasn't meant to be.

Lets just hope that Faye doesn't get it too. [-(

Post subject: Re: Sick!
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:52 pm 

Get better soon. Netti Pot. I haven't been sick in 5 years. Used to be 3-4 times now nothing. ;-) Knock on wood. LOL

6.7772 @ 101.51 1/8th 10.747 @ 122.24 1/4

Post Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:29 pm 

A couple of shots of whiskey, a couple of squirts of lemon and a couple of tablespoons of honey, heat it up in the microwave......I think it cures it, not real sure, but I know it'll make you feel a lot better! O:) =;

Hope you get better soon!

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:49 pm 
Site Admin

So on the trip to Piedmont yesterday it finally came out that PB was the one who gave me this chest cold as he was still caughing too!! O:) He says he got sick with it the day before I did so he was the carrier of the virus?? [-(

With friends like that I don't need any enemies, hey?? :-k

Post Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:01 am 

Slowpoke wrote:
A couple of shots of whiskey, a couple of squirts of lemon and a couple of tablespoons of honey, heat it up in the microwave......I think it cures it, not real sure, but I know it'll make you feel a lot better! O:) =;

Hope you get better soon!

When I first started at the job I retired from I got sick, flu like stuff. I was worried because I had only been there 30 days. My race partner's mother who was a nice lady from Alabama came across the street and gave me some of what I think was what Donee just described.

Man, that was some good stuff. Put me down like a rock. I work up the next morning in pool of water which I assue was the sickness Ms. Johnson's cure knocked out of me. I was good to go.

I always wondered just how that was made.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:58 am 
Site Admin

And here I am 16 days with this crap and I can't sleep without an antihistamine in my system as I get to coughing until I gag from the crap running down my throat into my lungs. Take a pill when I go to bed around 11pm and by 3 am I'm awake again coughing my head off. Faye is not impressed either as I make so much noise I wake her up also.

Donee called me last weekend and complained that he caught it from me as now he has it too. Not sure I could have given it to him over the phone though?

Ennywho, it's some bad stuff and looks like it's going to linger on another week or so. [-(

Post Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:01 pm 

Geez now I got stuff in my lungs and its all your fault!!!!. Dam Internet.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:14 pm 
Site Admin

shrinker wrote:
Geez now I got stuff in my lungs and its all your fault!!!!. Dam Internet.

O:)

Post Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:43 am 
Site Admin

Think I took a step backward yesterday as I had a coughing fit that lasted the better part of an hour and after the smoke cleared I've got a sore throat again and here I am up at 4am with another episode. Got a Dr appointment this coming week so we'll see what he has to say about that.

Meanwhile I'm feeling like my ass has been whipped! [-(

Post Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:24 pm 

I am getting a bunch of sinus pressure and coughing. Kind of the start of a sore throat. I think you must be infecting everyone. Now Ive got to sneeze. Gonna be a great weekend.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:01 pm 
Site Admin

Well the Dr says my lungs are clear but I've still got that cough. So I guess it must be coming from a sinus drainage and to add insult to injury I've been having episodes of hives for about the last 10 days. First my lips were swelling up and then last Sunday it hit my vocal chords and I couldn't speak for about 2 hours. Another episode of lips swelling up and then vocal chords went again Wednesday night? Scared the crap out of me as if this stuff gets in my wind pipe I could suffocate!! So the Doc gave me a prescription for an Epipen set just in case it does do that. And that was a $180 hit to my wallet! :-

I've had all those allergy tests done and I'm allergic to dogs, dust mites and mold so I stay away from those. Dr says that stress can cause it and I have been stressed out since the election so that may be contributing to it. Also read where some food additives cause it and at one time I thought I was allergic to yellow food die but now I'm not so sure as even staying away from that hasn't helped this time? One common ingredient that is in a bunch of different foods though is preservatives?? So we're looking to try to eliminate that to see if it may be the source.

DAYUMNIT! [-(

Post Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:18 pm 

Sometimes it's a combination of little things that wouldn't be noticeable alone, but together knock your system out of wack and is hard to diagnose.

$180 is pretty cheap for a breath of fresh air at just the right time.

Peace of mind is worth quite a bit also, just don't leave home without it!

Hope you get well soon.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:26 pm 

Epipen is a PBS listed drug in oz, so it cost you $39 or $5 if your a pensioner. When its done right pubic health is good.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:42 pm 
Site Admin

shrinker wrote:
Epipen is a PBS listed drug in oz, so it cost you $39 or $5 if your a pensioner. When its done right pubic health is good.

Public health done right doesn't start out by taking over 716 TRILLION dollars out out of Medicare over the next 10 years to give free health care to an estimated 13 MILLION illegal aliens here from Mexico! That and where the hell are the extra doctors to treat all these new patients?? Story here is there will be health care rationing and that means the very old and very young will be getting the short straw!

FYI, Medicare Part D paid right at $100 on this one as it retails for $280 at Wal Mart Pharmacy. I checked at CVS and it was $313 and Kroger Pharmacy was $347.

But yeah Donee, I've been carrying one with me now since back around 2005 as this isn't something that just started. I've had some problems with it off and on for most of my adult life but in recent years it seems to have gotten worse.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:06 pm 

I have a friend who developed an allergy to eggs. He was 45yrs old or so when it started. It took several yrs to figure out what was causing it. It wasn't the doctors that figured it out. It's really hard to eliminate eggs from your diet. ](*,)

Could be a lot of things. I'd start logging what you eat and when you have symptoms, maybe you can spot the connection.

I do know you are allergic to Democrats in the WH. =;

Rick

Board index » Racing Forum » Ken0069's Blog