Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » Ken0069's Blog

Post subject: Re: Sick!
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:42 pm 
Site Admin

rick360 wrote:
I'd start logging what you eat and when you have symptoms, maybe you can spot the connection.

I do know you are allergic to Democrats in the WH. =;

Rick

Yeah Rick, Faye has been keeping a running log on when it's been happening and each time we try to figure out what I might have eaten or come in contact with that could have cause it? NO GO as each time we think we might have found it and eliminated that from my diet, here it comes again and the process starts all over again. She's been keeping track of this for about 3 years now.

As far as the "Democrat" in the White House goes, there are damn few real "Democrats" left as the Progressives have all but consumed what is now the Democrat party. This is NOT your father's Democrat party of old! Oh, and that goes for the Republicrats also as there's a bunch of Progressives in that one too.

The only real difference between the two is the speed at which they are horking up the Republic! ;-)

Post Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:40 pm 
Site Admin

Well, it's been 3 days since my last episode of hives and we are thinking we might have found the cause. Will know more this coming week when I put that one food item back in my diet about Wednesday to see if they flare up again. I'll hold off telling what it is until after Wednesday to make sure.

Wish me luck as having hives all the time absolutely sux!

Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:19 pm 
Site Admin

Well, this suspect food item is out the window also as I had a hives flare up today that started around noon and I hadn't eaten any peanuts since last Wednesday night?? CRAP! Took two benadryl tablets and then proceeded to sleep all afternoon?? ](*,)

Back to square one I guess!! [-(

Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:00 pm 

Usually allergic reactions will show up if the items are rubbed on the skin. Have you tries that its a quick way to eliminate some stuff.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:34 pm 
Site Admin

Well, haven't had a hives outbreak since last Wednesday morning.

Stopped eating those frozen dough cookies that Faye bakes for me and instead she made me some "home made" oatmeal cookies and I've been eating those for snacks.

So yesterday morning I went back on peanut butter by putting it on those oatmeal cookies and so far, all is well. Two more days on the peanut butter and I'll add plain peanuts back to my diet to see how I react to that.

Meanwhile I do still have some of those "store bought" cookies to try after I eliminate some other food items so I won't eat any of those for 10 days or so.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:09 pm 
Site Admin

Well, at this point I've been adding food items back every 3 or 4 days days and I haven't had any reaction from any of it?? I've even been eating some stuff that I had stopped eating back a year or so ago that I though might have caused it. So far, nothing has brought on the hives again.

So, I guess it must be stress, or, my body just likes to hork with me once every year or so just to keep me guessing! I'm just glad it has stopped again! ;-)

Post Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:48 am 

My son had a bad allergic reaction to soy milk this past summer. The wife had picked up a couple of small cartons of it because it was on sale and she thought he might like it. His eyes started swelling and he developed blisters on his eyelids and in his mouth and throat within minutes of drinking it. It was a little scary to say the least. The strange thing is he had eaten edamame before and had no problem. For those you that don't know what that is it's a snack food made from soybeans that are roasted and salted. The allergist couldn't give us a solid reason why he didn't react to the edamame and did the milk but said it might have to do with the way it's processed and how that affects the protein in it. When they tested him he didn't react to the initial skin test but did as soon as they did the 2nd test where the skin is scratched.

Chuck's Automotive
Full line Computech dealer
chucksautomotive@yahoo.com

Post Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:16 am 
Site Admin

Yup, the human body can do some strange things at times for no particular reason. [-(

When I got the hives in my larynx and I couldn't talk that really freaked me out as that's really close to the bronchial tubes. If those swell up one could die pretty quickly as I knew a guy years ago that died of an asthma attack. I've been taking an Epi Pen with me every where I go because of that.

But back to the food allergies thingie, I'd eat something then within 1 to 2 hours I'd have whelps show up usually around my mouth and sometimes in other areas of my body, like in the area around my waist where my pants go or the palms of my hands.

Never did wake up in the middle of the night with them and they only showed up in that 1 to 2 hour period after I ate so I was sure it was something that I had eaten. If it's stress, one would "assume" that they would show up anything, not just after eating.

Like I said though, this has been an off and on thing for me for a LONG time and one would think that over the years that I'd have been able to pin point what was doing it but alas, it seems that just isn't going to happen.

RE: your Son, it's funny how that worked as I've known a couple of ppl that were allergic to raw eggs (like in home made icecream), but could eat eggs in cooked foods, ie, cakes or pies, with zero problems?? Only thing I can figure on that is the chemical changes during the cooking eliminate whatever it is that was causing the raw egg to trigger the reaction.

Who knows though. I guess those of us who are unlucky enough to have this problem just have to learn to live with it and and try to figure out what helps to minimize the effects while it's active.

Board index » Racing Forum » Ken0069's Blog