Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » Ken0069's Blog

Post Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:15 am 
Site Admin

From a CNN article about a stabbing in Britain:

Knife crime in Britain is a political hot topic due to a spate of recent killings of mainly young people in major cities. UK Prime Minister Gordon Brown has urged tougher sentences for those caught carrying knives. He told the Daily Telegraph last month: "By carrying a knife you are not only endangering the lives of others, but you are more likely to be killed, or end up in jail.

We need to change the way young people think about knives, we need families and communities working together ... to get this message across and help stamp out knife crime and get weapons off our streets."

As I am fond of saying...guns (and knives) killing people is like saying that spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat. If this keeps up getting a woody will be considered carrying a concealed weapon.

George

Post Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:10 pm 

George,

there has been a lot of knife offences, mainly in the london area for the last couple of years. Mainly young gang type deals.

as you probably know we have a complete gun ban here, no pistols at all and shotguns are licenced and only allowed for sporting purposes, pretty hard to get licenced and security of guns in houses is strict.

your never going to stop them getting guns or knives same as you won't ever beat the drugs problems..

I feel sorry for the families affected when it is an inocent bystander that gets it but as far as the normal run of the mill tit for tat gang stabbing they can get on with it.. by the time they are done they will just about have got rid of the problem members of society..

not a good situation for the many normal people over here.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:20 pm 

the criminals will always find a way to kill each other. it is unfortunate and as for us law abiding citzens we will still have to put up with it even after they do take our guns and knives.

ecbrc super stock 315 4bbl 2007 champs. high point boat overall 2007.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:36 pm 
Site Admin

Sam wrote:
George,

there has been a lot of knife offences, mainly in the london area for the last couple of years. Mainly young gang type deals.

as you probably know we have a complete gun ban here, no pistols at all and shotguns are licenced and only allowed for sporting purposes, pretty hard to get licenced and security of guns in houses is strict.

your never going to stop them getting guns or knives same as you won't ever beat the drugs problems..

I feel sorry for the families affected when it is an inocent bystander that gets it but as far as the normal run of the mill tit for tat gang stabbing they can get on with it.. by the time they are done they will just about have got rid of the problem members of society..

not a good situation for the many normal people over here.

I guess that's my point, Sam. Sooner or later there will be a ban on knives and that will force the thugs to choose another weapon to use in their dirty work. The problem is not the guns, knives, or any other weapon of choice. It's the mentality of the users. I don't know where you start to rectify that problem but I do know that if someone wants to kill or mame someone else they will find a way to do it. Especially the gangs. But as you say, let them go at each other. The thing is that the innocent law abiding bystander is the one who needs to be able to defend themselves.

George

Post Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:06 pm 

gdmii wrote:
The thing is that the innocent law abiding bystander is the one who needs to be able to defend themselves.

George

the best defence is not to be there and if you are walk away if you are not comfortable. theres not many who would use a gun even if they had one especially if they only witnessed an attack.. thats the way it is over here.. someone keels over sick in a shopping centre and most people will walk on by..

Board index » Racing Forum » Ken0069's Blog