Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » Ken0069's Blog

Post subject: Obama's Tax Plan
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:55 am 
Site Admin

This is how ppl are going to react to the NObama tax plan. Those ppl are not stupid! They're going to do whatever it takes to get around it!

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/Economy/ ... 547&page=1

Post subject: Re: Obama's Tax Plan
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:22 pm 

I feel REALLY sorry for the poor LAWYER who will cut back to ONLY $249K a year in that article. :-({|= .

Rick

Post subject: Re: Obama's Tax Plan
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:56 pm 
Site Admin

So are you going to be happy about this one then Rick? Cuz it's YOUR pocket that will be lighter on this one!

http://www.reuters.com/article/politics ... liticsNews

And BTW, we all made decisions long ago as to what we would do to make a living. Some of us chose to go the extra mile to start our own business, which involves risk and commitment. Others of us chose to go the easy route, which is working for someone else and letting them worry about whether the business will succeed or fail!

The tools are here in this country for EVERYONE to succeed. How we choose to or not to use them determines where we wind up. Me, I chose the easy path because I didn't like school and didn't want to put the necessary time and money into a business of my own. Just call me lazy cuz that’s what the problem was!

So although lawyers aren't my favorite people either, they did choose a career that worked rather well for them (most of the time) and in my mind they should be entitled to reap the benefits of that commitment. On the other hand, we who chose to spend our spare time and money on race cars, whiskey and women, well, you know where I'm going with that one.

Right now the top 5% on the income ladder pay 60+% of all taxes paid and about 40% of wage earners in this country pay little or NO income taxes at all? So NObama wants to make the achievers pay even more while at the same time he’s going to give tax breaks/credits to those who pay little or noting to begin with?? “From each according to his ability, to each according to their needs?” Does that sound familiar? In case you didn’t know, Karl Marx was the author of that phrase!

And I'll close with this. I never had a poor sombiatch give me anything in life other than a hard time! I have however had numerous rich people give me a job with decent pay (sometimes more than I deserved) and I made a living working for them while they took all the risks and put in the long hours. Nope, I don't hate the rich like some ppl cuz without them we would be just another third world country instead of the leader of the free world, for now! That is subject to change in the not too distant future though!

Board index » Racing Forum » Ken0069's Blog