Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » Ken0069's Blog

Post subject: oil company
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:58 am 

What to do???
Here is what happened.. I have a contract with an oil company that I buy my fuel oill from and also contract them to service my burner...Any way the service includes a yearly cleaning  and service of the burner unit. If I didn't have that it would cost about $175 bucks to do the burner service. With this contrace it cost $200 bucks and they will come out any time the burner quits and fix it free of charge whatever it needs...

Ok Wednesday night whan I got home the house was cold and the burner would not come on so because of who I am I checked it out and I was out of oil O:)  O:) ...So I called them and told the dispatcher that I was out of oil and he said that I should not be O:)  O:)  O:) ..Well I said maybe not but the tank has only 3 inches in it so I would say it's empty wouldn't you??? ](*,)

Anyway they send a service guy out and he put 10 gallons of oil in it and I said to him do you carry that in your truck??? He said no that he had to go to the Hess station in town to get it  O:)  O:) So he bled the pump and that was it  =;

Now I know where the Hess station is as I go right pass it every day and the last time I went by there it was $2.42 a gal....

I got the bill yesterday and they charge me $3.09 a gal for the 10 gallons they put in my tank to get me through the night O:)

A little pissed off right now but before I call them up on Monday I would like to know what you guys think.....

:-k

Best MPH 170.71
Barry

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:59 am 

:-k  :-k  :-k
i would call and mention it to them, my mother just purchased home heating oil at 2.32  gallon. i would ask what they are charging for heating oil as it usualy runs .10-.20 cheaper than diesel.

ecbrc super stock 315 4bbl 2007 champs. high point boat overall 2007.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:06 pm 

I'd definately call them on it.  No reason for them to mark up the oil that much just because they had to get it from there.  The way I feel about it, they should only charge you what they paid for it, as it wasn't "their" oil to begin with................Just my feelings on the subject though..........

Mark

http://www.livinthedreamracing.com

Post subject: reply
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:04 pm 

Barry,
 It was a service call you know, and we all know what they cost and the markup along withit!!! ](*,)  you may get some restitution over it, but probably the same answer as mine.  It is a bummer having it jacked up just to add 10 gallons though, jerks!!!! #-o  #-o  #-o

Motor City Muscle
Induction-Solutions
Fuelab Fuel System
D & S Engines
My Wife & Family

R.i.p. Doug Cunningham, gone, not forgotten.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:32 pm 

WAIT-I DO NOT UNDERSTAND!!!!!!!!!!!!
ARE YOU SUPPOSE TO CALL THEM WHEN YOU NEED FUEL OR ARE THEY SUPPOSE TO COME CHECK IT AS A ROUTINE TO SELL THE FUEL??
SEE HOW IT WORKS IS THERE IS NO CHARGE FOR THE SERVICE CALL -BUT-THEY MAKE IT UP ON THE FUEL!!!!!!!!!!!

I THINK IF I WAS BUYING FUEL FROM THEM ALL THE TIME A WOULD COMPLAIN HEAVILY ABOUT THIS CHARGE UP!!!
LIVELY[FORMER FUEL OIL USER]

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:02 pm 

LIVELY wrote:
WAIT-I DO NOT UNDERSTAND!!!!!!!!!!!!
ARE YOU SUPPOSE TO CALL THEM WHEN YOU NEED FUEL OR ARE THEY SUPPOSE TO COME CHECK IT AS A ROUTINE TO SELL THE FUEL??
SEE HOW IT WORKS IS THERE IS NO CHARGE FOR THE SERVICE CALL -BUT-THEY MAKE IT UP ON THE FUEL!!!!!!!!!!!

I THINK IF I WAS BUYING FUEL FROM THEM ALL THE TIME A WOULD COMPLAIN HEAVILY ABOUT THIS CHARGE UP!!!
LIVELY[FORMER FUEL OIL USER]

It's automatic delivery!!!One less thing I need to do  ](*,)

Best MPH 170.71
Barry

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:50 pm 

SO THEN-IF YOU RAN OUT IT IS 'THEIR RESPONSIBILITY' --I WOULD THINK BECAUSE THEY HAD NOT KEPT IT WITH FUEL AND THEY HAVE THE MAINTENANCE CONTRACT SOOOOOO -I WOULD COMPLAIN ALOT~~~~~~~~~~~
I DO NOT HAVE ALOT OF PATEINCE WHEM IT COMES TO UTILTY COMPANIES AND SUPPLIERS
I HAVE WAITED 6 MONTHS FOR MY ELECTRIC CO. TO MOVE A GUIDELINE 3 FEET OUT OF THE EDGE OF THE NEW DRIVEWAY AT MY HOUSE--IT COST ME $500.00--CHEAP HUH-BUT IT STILL IS NOT DONE!!!!SOMETIMES YOU JUST HAVE TO RAISE CAIN TO GET THINGS STRAIGHTENED OUT

GOOD LUCK-LIVELY [IN THE CROOKED GOVERNMENT RUN ILLNOIS

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:41 pm 

you should measure the fuel after delivery, just to make sure you are not being shorted. or check his meter on the truck, make sure it is cleared before fueling.

ecbrc super stock 315 4bbl 2007 champs. high point boat overall 2007.

Board index » Racing Forum » Ken0069's Blog