Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » Ken0069's Blog

Post Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:59 pm 

http://www.comcast.net/articles/finance ... -SHUTDOWN/

ecbrc super stock 315 4bbl 2007 champs. high point boat overall 2007.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:45 pm 

BUT-BUT---------I THOUGHT WHEN THEY ELECTED HUSSEIN OBAMA --IT WAS ALL GOING TO BE FIXED OVERNITE?!?! [-(  [-(  [-(

I THINK I WILL SHUT MY BUILDING BUSINESS DOWN BECAUSE I DID NOT MAKE AS MUCH THIS YEAR AS LAST[ CAN I GET SOME BAILOUT MONEY??????????? [-o<  [-o<

LIVELY

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:51 pm 
Site Admin

They just shut down for a month so that Nobama can bail them out.  

I think they finally realized that the American people are tired of all the bail out s**t and they figured that they weren't going to get anything until after 1/20/09 when the party starts.  This is going to be fun! O:)  ](*,)  [-X

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:10 am 

No doubt they are in trouble. People just aren't willing to go deeper in debt right now. Face it bail out money isn't going to improve their chances of survival, if people don't buy cars. It will just give them time to wait for consumers to come back. It may be pouring sand down a rat hole.

A two to three week shut down of production is nothing new. They usually use this time for early spring cleaning and the holidays have the production cycle broken up anyway so any previous or future lay offs happen now. That way they don't have the usual production loss every time they start the line up.

If they give the big three bail out money, we will see the same results as the bank bail outs. They are hoarding the money. It is not spurring the economy but not wasted completely either. It has insured the banks will be around to do business when business comes back.

The problem now is getting economy going from the people. This will not be addressed till after New president and Congress is in place. They will have six months to a year of total control. Passing anything with in reason that may help. The new jobs for infrastructure is not a make work deal. the bridges and highways need fixed, but have been put on back burner as we can see by the Minnesota bridge. They will just move these thing up to get done. I also look for them to make a socialized Health insurance. This may be distasteful to some, but underlying causes are in business interest. This is a big cost factor in global economy. we are competing with countries that have it. This will not only cut the labor cost of the big three but all business that trades over seas or competes here with them in our market.  What we end up with for health care remains to be seen. One good thing is, it will not be tied to your being able to work, and cuts cost to employers.

The scary thing is, with all the bail out money and proposed spending, the FEDs money machine is running at full speed ahead, dropping dollar value.  Our government has put all of us, all in in the economy poker game, whether we wanted too or not. Now it will be a race to see if we climb out of the hole first or the inflation make our money worthless first. The debt incurred isn't the big problem. You can pay off debt with worthless money easier than money that is worth something. This is how Europe paid off WW2 debt. The problem is when there are no takers on the debt and we aren't out of the economic hole yet. You could say it is much like the Ponzi scheme that struck wall street last week. Now that I've cheered everyone up, don't worry, our parents and grandparents went threw worse and survived.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:56 pm 
Site Admin

Ok so here is a good one on the Chrysler shut down.  Now get this, WORKERS WILL STILL DRAW 95% OF THEIR REGULAR PAY WHILE THEY ARE OFF FOR THE NEXT 4 WEEKS???  Meanwhile, they're still asking me to help bail them out???  WTF? O:)  THIS IS A JOKE, RIGHT?   O:)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:49 pm 

yes the uaw has their own loyoff and the big three pay into it when their employees are laid off and they collect the 95 perc. the big three owes the uaw billions of dollars for that fund.

why cant they go to the same unemployment line as everyone else?

are they better because they build cars?
or was the uaw just that strong they were able to bend their arm to get this benefit?

ecbrc super stock 315 4bbl 2007 champs. high point boat overall 2007.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:38 pm 

probably the latter. [-(  [-(  [-(

6.7772 @ 101.51 1/8th 10.747 @ 122.24 1/4

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:31 am 

Ken0069 wrote:
Ok so here is a good one on the Chrysler shut down.  Now get this, WORKERS WILL STILL DRAW 95% OF THEIR REGULAR PAY WHILE THEY ARE OFF FOR THE NEXT 4 WEEKS???  Meanwhile, they're still asking me to help bail them out???  WTF? O:)  THIS IS A JOKE, RIGHT?   O:)

Thats 95 % of their Take Home pay. And then of course that is taxed ... so lets keep the facts straight .... just like my 73 $ an hour paychecks ... aint never seen one in my life.

And no one is bailing " US " out .. it is GM as a whole that is asking for the money. Remember ... us UAW Folk pay taxes also, and if we make more $$ then I have to guess that we are paying more in taxes ..... please correct me where I have been wrong.

I will be receiving the same thing from 1/5/09 - 2/9/09 with the exception of the week of 1/12 when I will report back to work to spend a week with my dayshift counterpart rewriting our " JES's" .. Job Element Sheets ... ie: job instructions. We only have 1 job to rewrite, but they want us both in there for the whole week to do it.

And I was planning on going to Las Vegas for a month to house sit for my Mom while she was on a cruise and then go to a UFC Fight on 1/31 that the Wife and I have had planned for 3 months. .  shucks

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:36 am 

[quote="tonyy358"]yes the uaw has their own loyoff and the big three pay into it when their employees are laid off and they collect the 95 perc. the big three owes the uaw billions of dollars for that fund.

The Big 3 owe the UAW Nothing for this fund, it is the VEBA Fund they will owe money in 2010 to the UAW which is strickly for the Retiree's health care that the UAW will take over for life.

why cant they go to the same unemployment line as everyone else?

Because it was agreed to by GM I guess, thats where my checks come from.

quote]

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:38 am 

I don't normally reply to politically motivated threads but one or two here don't seem to have quite got the full picture.

They don't need to go on the unemployment line because they are not unemployed.

the cost of labour is only about 10% of the total cost of running the plant. the economics are there to see. you save (over what you would normally spend running the plant) about 80% so look at as an investment because you can't just go out and hire several 1000's of people overnight to restart production.

Start looking at a wider picture because its not the US that is suffering, this downturn, recession whatever is world wide, I've yet to hear of anywhere where times are good.

Let 1 of the big 3 go and it impacts on the whole world as they are global companies,

Don't get me wrong all of those companies need to make big changes to survive, The rest of the world has been saying for years that the US needs to start making more fuel efficient cars but the car that most of you want is not possible.. a two ton truck that does 80 mpg and 500000 miles.
but put the price of gas up a buck a gallon and everyone moans and wants smaller cars, that does not happen overnight,

Jobs over here are being lost to keep jobs over there, hard but necessary.

What do I know, not much? will I have a job come the new year ? well despite the fact that I am contracted to one of the big 3 which could be bad news and the fact that the company I work for has just lost a major part of its work due to another " world" manufacturer who has decided to pull the world rally car programme due to the worsening economy. I remain optomistic.

bottom line is everyone is pulling their belts up an extra notch, lots of people will be losing their jobs (through no fault of their own) times are going to be a bit tough for a while.

Let one of the US domestics go ? so that it can be taken over ? and you'll probably lose a lot more than you bargain for.. the fallout from that will lead to millions without work.. that becomes a burden on the rest ot the public,  but without a manufacturer they will be in the unemployed trap for a long time and that will be  a massive drain on recouces nationally for many years to come.

It's very easy to be critcal over whats going on, but theres a lot of people in this world that can't run a single home unit and family with out getting into serious financial trouble, try doing it with an annual budget of many billions of dollars..

it's real easy to nit pick at some of the stuff going on but in truth I've not heard one single comment that could help those who are most effected by whats going on.

of course we could go back to wagons and horses and six guns, but would that help ?

ranting over..

Board index » Racing Forum » Ken0069's Blog