Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » Show Off Your Stuff!

Post subject: Wheel stand
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:05 pm 

I am not real proud of this , but I thought I would share it with you guys.
I put the 4.86 gears back in the stang and it got real violent and done a monster wheel stand after bending the bottom wheelie bar brackets the first pass. I did not catch that it bent them until after I got a wild ride the second pass. Anyway I got some promising 1/4 mile #'s after clicking it around 1100 ft or so hard to tell going that fast =; .

I was very lucky the car came out with minimal damage considering O:)

still shot from video

the uh oh

Post subject: Re: Wheel stand
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:58 pm 

Man, that was crazy O:) \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ Are you ok? What did it hurt on the car? That kind of looked like the Sandman's wheel stand about 4 years ago when the wheelie bars broke. What did it do when it came down? The camera Kind of shut off #-o ;-)

6.7772 @ 101.51 1/8th 10.747 @ 122.24 1/4

Post Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:08 pm 

HolY Sheet Batman!!!!!!!!yeah,everything in one piece after that?Was ya in need of new shorts afterwards?I would've been!

THE ATOMIC BANEGA(BANANA/VEGA)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BagEEa8JDo

Post Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:39 am 

Yikes!! Glad you brought it back in one piece. That coulda got ugly real fast...nice job of drivin.

Rick

Post Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:07 am 

HOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEYYYYYYYY CRAP O:) O:) O:) and you didn't catch this in the pits at all???? =P~ oh, and your camera person should be fired for not seeing the wheelie bars getting bent [-X =; , and you even had the video to see this too, WOW, good recovery from what the video showed, and when cars get that out of shape, it doesn't really get good afterwards :-({|= Good job, and your car hauls butt too, are you hittin it with juice?

Motor City Muscle
Induction-Solutions
Fuelab Fuel System
D & S Engines
My Wife & Family

R.i.p. Doug Cunningham, gone, not forgotten.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:33 am 

I feel like an idiot for not catching this in the pits. I had been running 4:30 gears and changed back to 4:86's. I had ran the 4:86's before with a little shorter ic and had 1.09 60 ' times not near as violent leave , I had moved it out to 62" (110' wheel base chassis) The only difference I had switched to an enderle 5 " throttle body injector from a 1150 alky carb.

I was going to tighten up the front struts, but I had a wheel bearing go out on my truck and borrowed a friends truck and forgot my floor jack in the back of my truck . I tightened the extension up on the shocks 3 clicks and I should have noticed the wheelie bar problem then, but I just reached under the car and clicked the shocks.

I am not spraying it , its a 562" bbf with Kaase P-51 conventional type heads. the p-51 head has a little different valve angle from the factory layout , but the ports are in the factory location .

I drove it back to the trailer . The only damage I have found so far is bent steering arms on the struts , bent one front wheel in the bead area just a little , and the door came off and broke the striker out of the body , but did not hurt the door =; . The front engine plate is bent just a little , but the chassis appears to be ok .

It landed first on the front left then front right , then right rear and left rear.

I was lucky thats all I can say.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:00 am 

Haven't you had trouble with your wheelie bars before? Is it bending the bars or the brackets? You might want to go to something else. That could've been real ugly.

Chuck's Automotive
Full line Computech dealer
chucksautomotive@yahoo.com

Post Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:53 pm 

Yes I had bent a bracket earlier in the year and I replaced them and added a piece of round tubing between them to brace them. Its just a bad design , the jam nuts on the rod ends are all that hold the wheels straight and it laid one over and unloaded the right rear . It bent both of the brackets that caused them to raise up before the bar laid over over though.

The bars I have are just convent to get a floor jack under them without raising the bars , but death traps in disguise.

I will have new bars before it hits the track again , big long ones with lots of triangulation =;

Post Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:07 pm 

A friend of mine stopped in the shop a little bit ago. He went to BG last weekend and was telling me about this Mustang that did a big wheelie got loose and turned sideways in the air came down and pitched a door off. I said yeah, a dark mustang with a primered front end? I told him you had posted the vid and asked him he wanted to see it. He said no, he was there and did see it O:) .

Chuck's Automotive
Full line Computech dealer
chucksautomotive@yahoo.com

Post Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:43 pm 

I can understand =; Tell him he should have been in it 8-[ .

Everything is checking out ok. Exactly a flat 1/2 of preload to slide the 4 link bolt.

Check out the pics indie images got page 5 and 6 nov 7

http://www.photoreflect.com/PR3/thumbpa ... ?e=5581096

Board index » Racing Forum » Show Off Your Stuff!