Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » Show Off Your Stuff!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:44 pm 

inVEGArating wrote:
Maybe bring it to southern ohio to get that strut front end :-k ....lol just kidding,you are doing it the right way tray...as you can afford it!
If cost was no object we would all have nitro powered hemi's in door cars! =;

Hey,it might happen sooner or later .Well, later more than sooner.lol.Yeah,I think its gonna be a good car for brackets.I've got a super crossover delay box just die'n to be wired up and put in . \:D/ .Got my transbrake from Ron,gonna wait abit for the verter. headers are a tad OLD but will work for a year or so.Hey, I think its gonna be a good year in 2010.
Yeah Jeff if money wasnt much of an object,think I head over and get my dang Wagon back!. =; =; . Do know the "new" old vega in the garage looks much better without that exhaust hangin from it. #-o . Yes I may just make a trip to you place to get that hood.If you havent sent out that gear,just hang on,I'll pick it up while Im there. maybe in a few weeks or so I'll head up. \:D/

THE ATOMIC BANEGA(BANANA/VEGA)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BagEEa8JDo

Post Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:33 pm 

Well,It runs and drives.Everything except the throttle stop timer and delat box and throttle stop itself is installed.Need to change the oil,adjust the valves and check a few other things.Also gave her a yellow paint job with a few graphics,more pics on that later.Anywho's tell me what you think. =;

\:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
Vegas Rule!

Post Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:01 pm 
Site Admin

Looking good Bubba!! Now you need to go smell some smoke! \:D/

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)

Post Posted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:07 am 

Vega nice Tray ;-) ;-) ........What do you think it will run????
I did do the a-arm to strut on my Vega and it made a BIG difference
and if you do it you will be happy!!! Looks like it won't be to bad of a
job. Mine turned out to be a project as we cut the whole front of from the
main hoop forward O:) ...Like I said a big PIA but well worth the time
and $$$$ as it made the car more constant and better on the lite...

And you had it painted???? You did it or had it done???

Oh and we need some more pic's =; =;

Best MPH 170.71
Barry

Post Posted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:22 am 

Very nice Tray, hope you get to run it this weekend. More pictures, stand farther away, so we can see the whole car!
Good luck!

Post Posted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:44 am 

Tray it looks great!! good job \:D/ \:D/

6.7772 @ 101.51 1/8th 10.747 @ 122.24 1/4

Post Posted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:28 am 

Lookin' good Tray even if it is a Chevy AND an automatic. Hopefully we'll get to see you at some of the E20 races this summer. Like Barry said need more pics, at least one overall shot.

Chuck's Automotive
Full line Computech dealer
chucksautomotive@yahoo.com

Post Posted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:25 am 

O.k heres a photo of all over even a vid.lol.....Thanks for the comments.. =;

http://s76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/t ... titled.flv

O.k Sorry guys but I had to April fools you guys abit.If you havent figured out with the last vid and pic heres the story...

(My Bio-logical)Dad was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer awhile back and has been gutted(took a lot of stuff out) and still going through chemo.He wanted to give the (me,sis and half brother and half sis) kids money to spend while he was still around to see us enjoy it.He told me to spend it on something I really wanted and not to waste it on bills(cause he said I'd always have them anyways lol.).Hes actually never seen me race down the track in person only videos.So after talking with him,I made a desicion to buy back my old yellow vega from the same person I sold it to 6 years ago.After selling the backhalfer in 10 minutes on R.J.,I called Jim(yellow vega )and made the deal!He was more than happy to see it come back to me.He actually did all the work you see and let me tell you,its freakin awesome!!!Its also turn key with my old 388 I built/glide etc.
Now the dad with cancer is no april fools joke nor buying the yellow vega back.I actually wanted to see if anyone figured out what I was pulling.I have to tell you I'm on cloud 9 at the moment and dad will be heading up soon(weather permitting) to see me at the track to race it!To top it off I have a spare 385 incher and spare Glide ready to go.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:28 am 

All that work with a stack of receipts he only made 60 passes since he bought from me.He completely removed the body and cut the cage off and installed a new cage.I have a new parts list a mile long on the car and after adding up the receipts he give me almost 20 k in parts... =; =; =; =; =; Yes I will be racing this season.. \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Post Posted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:41 am 

Tray if you plan on racing tonight, the rain is done here. It should clear up your way soon. Good luck and I hope your Dad has a good time and gets better.

6.7772 @ 101.51 1/8th 10.747 @ 122.24 1/4

Post Posted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:20 pm 

WR169 wrote:
Tray if you plan on racing tonight, the rain is done here. It should clear up your way soon. Good luck and I hope your Dad has a good time and gets better.

Thanks Steve.Wasn't planning on racing it tonight,as much as I'd like to =; .I still need to install the delay box,have the air bottle filled and turn everything back up.Jim was running it in a 10.00 index class and Super street.So shift point is 6k,timing is at 32,tiny little air cleaner to fattin and slow it abit..etc..Not alot to do but I drove 14 hours yesterday and abit tired,so planning on getting it out in a week or 2.We did get hit with rain just a hour or so ago here and it really poured and the wind was terrible.
Dads doin good,holding he his head high and spending much needed time with the grandkids and kids. \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Post Posted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:16 pm 

Awesome, nice to hear both of you will get to enjoy it this time around, and I hope you never have to sell it again. \:D/

Post Posted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:45 pm 
Site Admin

I did notice all the different stuff on the front suspension but I thought you might have just bought that stuff and then modified the old car.

Yeah, this is one of them "bitter sweet" deals for sure! And I like that part about "not wasting that money on bills" too! Shows someone has their priorities in order! \:D/ If I were to get a diagnosis like that, there would be a dragster in my garage within a week and I'd go out having a blast!

Post Posted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:41 pm 

Slowpoke wrote:
Awesome, nice to hear both of you will get to enjoy it this time around, and I hope you never have to sell it again. \:D/

I know some of you are already taking bets as to how long this one will last..LOL ;-) but its really done right and no reason to sell,especially since its kinda something My father got for me.Be hard to let that go. #-o

Post Posted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:43 pm 

Ken0069 wrote:
I did notice all the different stuff on the front suspension but I thought you might have just bought that stuff and then modified the old car.

Yeah, this is one of them "bitter sweet" deals for sure! And I like that part about "not wasting that money on bills" too! Shows someone has their priorities in order! \:D/ If I were to get a diagnosis like that, there would be a dragster in my garage within a week and I'd go out having a blast!

For Sure!!!!!!Same here!!!!!I went sky diving, I went rocky mountain climbin.Rode fu man chu for 4 seconds lol...Yep try and get as much in as I could..He(father)on the other hand is just finally spending time with his grand kids/kids..

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Racing Forum » Show Off Your Stuff!