Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » Show Off Your Stuff!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:31 am 

Hey T ray,
I tried e-mailing pictures I hope you got them.Its great to see you in a Vega again,and I will help any way I can,I have a 5.13 gear here that has about 5 passes on it if you are interested(cheap). Luckily we are fairly close so it wont be far for you to drop it off to do the full roundtube strut front chromemoly chassis...oh I was not supposed to tell that was I...just kidding! I also have a stock steel hood if you need one to put on it for now and my engine mounts are not like those,those look like the ones Hooker used to sell for the swap with thier headers....2" angle #-o those have got to go!
I f you dident get my e-mails then pm me again and we will get in touch.

Jeff

Post Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:35 pm 

inVEGArating wrote:
Hey T ray,
I tried e-mailing pictures I hope you got them.Its great to see you in a Vega again,and I will help any way I can,I have a 5.13 gear here that has about 5 passes on it if you are interested(cheap). Luckily we are fairly close so it wont be far for you to drop it off to do the full roundtube strut front chromemoly chassis...oh I was not supposed to tell that was I...just kidding! I also have a stock steel hood if you need one to put on it for now and my engine mounts are not like those,those look like the ones Hooker used to sell for the swap with thier headers....2" angle #-o those have got to go!
I f you dident get my e-mails then pm me again and we will get in touch.

Jeff

Yep Jeff,very interested in the gear set,let me know how much.As far as the verter,ran the number stamped on it 400010 and it looks to be a herbert cheapie 10 incher for a glide.Not much info on it other than that.Yes that motor mount setup will have to go(sooner or later).Thinking of just a motor plate in front much like the setup I did in my old malibu.Should work.We'll see.Also gonna put a mid plate in(maybe a pic?).

Got a pic of your fuel cell/batt setup in the rear?Something else I'll have to tend to. Looking the car over last night,list started growing,and kept growing.Maybe I bit off more than I could chew,I hope not.Got to keep telling myself "keep it simple,take it slow,dont rip the whole car apart!" lol.

THE ATOMIC BANEGA(BANANA/VEGA)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BagEEa8JDo

Post Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:20 pm 

Hey Tray,
The only pics I have of the midplate and fuel/batt. are old but I will post them for you,also when I changed the frontend and added the midplate I found lots of small cracks in the factory front frame rails so I spent some time cleaning all the old paint/crud off and welding the cracks back up and grinding smooth...just something to look for

Post Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:13 pm 

Hey Tray
That is a nice looking car/. I am really glad you where able to get a Vega again
Tom

Post Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:16 am 

henny496 wrote:
Hey Tray
That is a nice looking car/. I am really glad you where able to get a Vega again
Tom

Thank ya Tom.It does fill like old times(great!)

Post Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:19 am 

inVEGArating wrote:
Hey Tray,
The only pics I have of the midplate and fuel/batt. are old but I will post them for you,also when I changed the frontend and added the midplate I found lots of small cracks in the factory front frame rails so I spent some time cleaning all the old paint/crud off and welding the cracks back up and grinding smooth...just something to look for

Thanks Jeff.Know exactly how that mid will look.Oh,I'd diff like to get those gears from ya,shoot me a price and we'll figure out how to get you the money.I'll got a paypal account if that work for yas.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:57 am 

Hey Tray,
If you dont want to use a motor plate I could build you something like these...just a thought

Post Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:21 am 

Its good to have you back in a Chevy!!! =;

The 355 can be a strong engine. It'll easily make enough power to run well into the 6's(1/8th) or 10's(1/4). Don't forget about all the crap NHRA requires (spelled $$$$$) when you go into the 9's (or <6.40 1/8).

Rick

Post Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:49 pm 

rick360 wrote:
Its good to have you back in a Chevy!!! =;

The 355 can be a strong engine. It'll easily make enough power to run well into the 6's(1/8th) or 10's(1/4). Don't forget about all the crap NHRA requires (spelled $$$$$) when you go into the 9's (or <6.40 1/8).

Rick

Thanks Rick.Yep,355 sounds good,heads are alittle 2 much for it atm.It will be very difficult to reframe from dropping in a 3.75 stroke crank and a set of pistons of 13.1 or so . =; =; =; .But so far I'm trying my best to stick to my plan of ,1=getting it safe and mechanically sound,2=rewire the entire car,my way,3=installing a glide,brake,delay box and goin racing! Oh and gettin rid of the old hood,it just hasnt grown on me and everyone knows how I love my Outlaw Cowl hoods. ;-)

Post Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:51 pm 

inVEGArating wrote:
Hey Tray,
If you dont want to use a motor plate I could build you something like these...just a thought

Those sure do look alot better than whats in there!Let ya know thanks!

Post Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:50 pm 

Welcome back buddy..

what odds are the bookies giving on you keeping this one then ?? =; =; =;

Post Posted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:47 pm 

Sam wrote:
Welcome back buddy..

what odds are the bookies giving on you keeping this one then ?? =; =; =;

Hey Sam!Well,to be honest the bookies aren't givin very good odds.But hey,Im bettin its longer than my wagon.... \:D/ \:D/
or the velle/..... \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Last edited by traysvega on Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:11 am 

You got a great start to get back in the saddle trey, but man, that thing really needs a big block and a strut front end, tube chassis and a 4 link, drop her down and then let er eat \:D/ \:D/ You do have a decent base to work with though, nothing like getting back in an old seat huh? ;-) Boy, what MY big block could do for this chassis, "twist/bend/break/snap" O:) what was that sounds??? =; sorry, but I did a deal with a friend long ago, and we put my engine in his car and he said it will hold the big block power just fine, so, after destroying the convertor and trans, twisting the driveshaft and destroying the posi and twisting the tubes in his 12 bolt, he then thaught twice about what he said [-X

Good luck and keep us posted.

John

Motor City Muscle
Induction-Solutions
Fuelab Fuel System
D & S Engines
My Wife & Family

R.i.p. Doug Cunningham, gone, not forgotten.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:11 pm 

Elkyman wrote:
You got a great start to get back in the saddle trey, but man, that thing really needs a big block and a strut front end, tube chassis and a 4 link, drop her down and then let er eat \:D/ \:D/ You do have a decent base to work with though, nothing like getting back in an old seat huh? ;-) Boy, what MY big block could do for this chassis, "twist/bend/break/snap" O:) what was that sounds??? =; sorry, but I did a deal with a friend long ago, and we put my engine in his car and he said it will hold the big block power just fine, so, after destroying the convertor and trans, twisting the driveshaft and destroying the posi and twisting the tubes in his 12 bolt, he then thaught twice about what he said [-X
Good luck and keep us posted.
John

Thanks John.Yep,youre so right.I'd wet myself to wake up and find a strut front end on it with a big ol nasty BBC in there.Actually THEN I'd wake up and relized THAT was a dream.lol.I've honestly never owned a BBC except in my crew dually which was factory.I've always been a SBC guy.Guess cost and eazy combos for decent power just keep me on the lil side.Of course that lil 422 I built turned out real nice. Im really looking forward to doing some brackets next year,seems another friend of mine who sold his stuff a few years ago,is now back at it also.I really think the guys I went with made racing worth going win or lose.We where usually 6 to 8 large every event.Hopefully things will almost be the same.I'll def keep everyone updated.This year mostly going to focus on getting everything working MY way and safe.Next wnter may be the winter to get the body straigthened out and get it painted real pretty. =; maybe even drop a 3.75 stroke in the engine to get a litte more power :-k l

Post Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:31 pm 

Maybe bring it to southern ohio to get that strut front end :-k ....lol just kidding,you are doing it the right way tray...as you can afford it!
If cost was no object we would all have nitro powered hemi's in door cars! =;

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Racing Forum » Show Off Your Stuff!