Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » Show Off Your Stuff!

Post subject: car show & new Jr.
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:33 am 

It's been a real busy weekend for me. The KDR asked me to put my car in their display in the Carl Casper car show this weekend. We had planned on being there Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I took the car in Wednesday so they could get set up. Thursday night Greg had found an ad for a Jr dragster that seemed to be perfect for what we had been looking for (we had been looking since October). He has outgrown his old car. I called the guy Friday and we struck a deal. The car was in Shelbyville, TN. about 210 miles away. I felt this was a very good deal and didn't want to delay getting the car so we left the house 5:00 am Saturday to go pick it up. We didn't leave the show until 11:00 Friday night and I didn't get into bed until after 1:00. The trip and deal went off without a hitch and we got back home before 1:00. I used a small open trailer to get the car and we barely beat the bad weather home. It just started to sprinkle as we backed in the driveway. We unloaded the car, parked the truck & trailer and jumped in the Dodge and headed off to the car show. By the time I got in from the car show Saturday I was feeling kinda beat, over 400 miles of driving on a little over 3 hours sleep followed by 8 hours of car show. Here's a couple of car show pics followed by a couple of the new Jr. The Jr is a 2008 Mike Bos.

Chuck's Automotive
Full line Computech dealer
chucksautomotive@yahoo.com

Post subject: Re: car show & new Jr.
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:41 am 

What are you doing with the old jr??? I have a grandson he's 2 but not sure if he car reach the pedals yet =; =;

Best MPH 170.71
Barry

Post Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:52 am 

I bet you were whopped. We had a good time at the show. The display was nice. Greg still has to stay over 7.90 right?

6.7772 @ 101.51 1/8th 10.747 @ 122.24 1/4

Post Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:06 am 

Beretta wrote:
What are you doing with the old jr??? I have a grandson he's 2 but not sure if he car reach the pedals yet =; =;

Hey it's for sale! I can make you a deal on it ;-) . You have 6 years to go, I think he'll be able to reach them by then. :-$

WR169 wrote:
I bet you were whopped. We had a good time at the show. The display was nice. Greg still has to stay over 7.90 right?

Yes I was, we did too, I agree and 7.90 & 85 mph are the limits on all jr dragsters.

Chuck's Automotive

Post Posted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:53 pm 

Hi Chuck
Your car looks really nice and straight. I do like that colour
Your'e a bit big for the dragster though lol
Tom

Post Posted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:08 pm 

henny496 wrote:
Hi Chuck
Tom

Thanks Tom.
Actually, if we adjusted the pedals in this Jr I could probably fit in it. Greg has gotten kinda broad in the shoulders and that's why we had to find a different car. This one is what they call a plus 2. It's 2" wider (than the standard 18") in the shoulder area.

Chuck's Automotive

Post Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:54 am 

gearhead1011 wrote:
henny496 wrote:
Hi Chuck
Tom

Thanks Tom.
Actually, if we adjusted the pedals in this Jr I could probably fit in it. Greg has gotten kinda broad in the shoulders and that's why we had to find a different car. This one is what they call a plus 2. It's 2" wider (than the standard 18") in the shoulder area.

Chuck is it basically the same except for the wider cage?? I look at some of them in the staging lanes and there are so many different chassis's!!!!!

Best MPH 170.71
Barry

Post Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:43 am 

Beretta wrote:
Chuck is it basically the same except for the wider cage?? I look at some of them in the staging lanes and there are so many different chassis's!!!!!

Like all race cars all the chassis builders have their own way of doing things. There seems to be some cars that just work better. They build flex chassis, 4-link mono and single shock, some even have front suspensions. This one is what they refer to as a "cable car". The front part of the chassis is supported in part by a cable that allows the chassis to flex more in the front. You will also notice how low the cage is, this is an outlaw style laydown car.

Greg's old car worked great. Last year we had some 60' times in the low 1.60 range. We bought the new car mainly because he couldn't get in and out of the old one. It's funny how your kids grow up and you never notice it until they don't fit in the race car anymore =;. I have found that the majority of jrs have a 17.5"-18" dimension on the shoulder area and this seems to be the biggest limiting factor for fit. Some of them have a shorter footbox also.

Chuck's Automotive

Post Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:42 pm 

Looks BAD ASS Chuck!!!

2008 P.S.C.A B1 Champ

2010 WCHRA SPM Champ

Board index » Racing Forum » Show Off Your Stuff!