Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » Show Off Your Stuff!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:52 am 

us7race wrote:
" I think the auto will be more consistant at least..  =;  .....I tried to bracket race the stick and it was a crap shoot at best...Hooked real hard,,,bog the motor(sometimes)(I have jet extensions and float levels right)....tire spin outta of the hole it would run o.k  but e.t, due to the tire spin was all over...[/quote]

Hey Tray I had one of these Phords once too.(World Class T5) I tried to launch it at 3500 4000 whatever it would bog the motor..so I brought it up to 5000 and she didn't bog then!! that car I had a blast in... \:D/[/quote]

I hear ya....I even lauched it at 6200 a couple of times...and it dead hooked ,bogged over.I had an aluminum fly in there and thought that was the prob(not enough inertia) and swithched it out for a steel....Same thing..Talked several stick guys and all agreed I was running 2 tall a slick 28 vs 26....I wasnt running enough rear gear 4.10.....and car was just to heavy for that little 308 plus the tires and gear....Suggested I install a set of 4.56 or bigger,,,go down to a 26 tire,,and remove everything I could to take off weight on the car..Of course loosing a few pounds of my own couldnt have hurt either  =;   =; .....I eventually just aired up the slicks to  18 pounds,tires would spin abit(on a good run) and it would run out fine.. but with all those changes suggested 1 problem was overlooked..my motor doesnt like anything pass 6500 to 6600..MAX...and a small tire and big gear would put me at the stripe above that...So...needed to go wth a solid roller or solid and get more rpm....  ](*,)  ...Always somethin you know?   :-  
 I did get my best 60 and 1/8 mile at (the one and only)last umtr race
I ran....60 was a 1.56 spinnin abit 1/8 mile was 7.54 @92.54 MPH.....in the finals....I treed him (on a pro 500 tree) .034 to his .088 and got passed the 1/8 looked over ....to my right(E.T where damn near the same)Nothing ,he wasnt there...I was close to the 1000 and actually looked over behind me and he was no where to be found!..First thought,,He broke!!!!!COOL...So I immeddiately pulled off the throttle and jabbed the brakes abit threw it in neutral,,,,and coasted accross the finish only to look up....no win light....WTH?dialed a 12.20 ran a 12.08 @ 87 mph....   #-o   #-o   #-o   #-o   #-o    #-o ....So that wouldve' been my best pass....   [-(   [-( ... ..... :-({|=   :-({|=   :-({|=

THE ATOMIC BANEGA(BANANA/VEGA)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BagEEa8JDo

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:56 am 

inVEGArating wrote:
I have never raced a standard but I thought you needed to get the rpm pretty high as Jody said,without the torque multiplication of the converter the launch rpm had to be through the roof to get the engine to not bog when the weight of the car is put against it....but as I said I have never raced with a standard so that is just what I have been told.

Those Canfields will be perfect when you get the 408 =; I think that you will have to spin that 308 pretty hard to use that big a head.

Now that you are switching to the auto.I think it will be a faster combination just my $.02

Yep.Agree..all of the above....  =;

THE ATOMIC BANEGA(BANANA/VEGA)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BagEEa8JDo

Board index » Racing Forum » Show Off Your Stuff!