Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » Show Off Your Stuff!

Post subject: My New Found Phord
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:28 pm 

Well its not totally new...I've had it for awhile now and continue to find crap I need to redo...Which isnt all that suprizing really...  #-o  ...
Heres me driven it to a local car show(cruise in)....Not much to see
http://s76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/t ... uzin07.flv
At the Track in the Shade
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/t ... ng2272.jpg

Motor shot...(change abit more clean uo,new carb..etc)
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/t ... ng2270.jpg
Heres a T&T (takes awhile to see me)I went to last year and  clicked off an 11.93 leaving easy(anything over 3500 smoke the tires under that it bogged,granny shifting(trans screwed up at the time,pump gas,drove to the track 30 miles each way and home.(its a mustang thing   \:D/  ) all on DRAG RADIALS (mikeys 275/50/15's)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkq5EqOi9yU

Anyways here she is...   =;

Heres a shot of it at the tree....Little air under the left front   =;  and on drag radials....
http://hyperperformance.smugmug.com/gal ... 4669_WvbDq
http://hyperperformance.smugmug.com/gal ... 4443_yrJzq

THE ATOMIC BANEGA(BANANA/VEGA)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BagEEa8JDo

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:50 pm 

Those are some bad mustangs!!(I can't believe I just said that!)

If those are all your buddies it must be a great time going to the track!

I am guessing that some of those cars have some happy gas mixed in there, that one that ran a 9.03 diden't at first appear to be a 9.0 car,except the John Force burnout =; and maybe the parachute O:)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:02 pm 

inVEGArating wrote:
Those are some bad mustangs!!(I can't believe I just said that!)

If those are all your buddies it must be a great time going to the track!

I am guessing that some of those cars have some happy gas mixed in there, that one that ran a 9.03 diden't at first appear to be a 9.0 car,except the John Force burnout =; and maybe the parachute O:)

Yes a few I have meet local here and talk to regularly..One (red cobra lifting the wheels...Has just ran his best pass 9.85 @137?...All steel street legal (3560 weight without driver?))and now the fastest KennBelle cobra pushrod motor in the country.
Yep...lots of happy gas also..351w stroke to 408 with a fogger I beleive...
Kinda my goals as well,,,play with the spray abit and see..My Motor was built for the juice(cam,compression,etc...)but nothing extreme as the blocks gonna spread open with any more than 500 RWHP ..I'm only making 350RWHP now...without spray...  =;  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDuiNyChMJQ
This was at E20......and the track wasnt great.he gonna turn on it hard this weekend and try and better this time...as long as the weather holds.He's been helping me abit wth this Phord..he motor is a 347 dart block with a kenebell charger running I think 18 psi....C4 brake...3.55 gear..

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:32 pm 

I have a 200-400 hp. plate on mine that should get things stirred up a bit  ,the converter in mine is built for nitrous,its a 10",so we were more than thrilled that it went in the 9's on the motor.I had to lift just after 1000' as the bolt on fiberglass hood was trying to get off,the cars previous best was 10.76@125,the 9.99 run the mph had slowed to 127.
 The AFR heads get the credit for the new found hp,I still remembered the pics of yours that you posted on here,those heads are sweet right out of the box.
  I am guessing that the 308 is a 302,yea the spray is a good way for us poorboys to go fast,for me to build a motor to get my pig to go in the 8's would be impossible on my budget,plus I still drive mine on the street so an 8 sec. motor would be less fun to live with on the street.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:29 pm 

inVEGArating wrote:
I have a 200-400 hp. plate on mine that should get things stirred up a bit  ,the converter in mine is built for nitrous,its a 10",so we were more than thrilled that it went in the 9's on the motor.I had to lift just after 1000' as the bolt on fiberglass hood was trying to get off,the cars previous best was 10.76@125,the 9.99 run the mph had slowed to 127.
 The AFR heads get the credit for the new found hp,I still remembered the pics of yours that you posted on here,those heads are sweet right out of the box.
  I am guessing that the 308 is a 302,yea the spray is a good way for us poorboys to go fast,for me to build a motor to get my pig to go in the 8's would be impossible on my budget,plus I still drive mine on the street so an 8 sec. motor would be less fun to live with on the street.

Wow,,spray and 9's on motor...yep did like those heads(other than tighten the head stud nutz,,pita   #-o  ..I ended up using shaft rocker setup...did u? 9's and lifting at the 1000' sweet....yep 302..really,heads cam and intake,carb was built for a stroker 302 (347 kit)...long story but ended up with only 308.I've never really played with the spray..Kinda nervous...will start small and work my way up...not all the time either,,show off abit and then all motor for the brackets...of course if I could find a nice 351w block...stroker 408 it will be...  =;  ..
8's second street car .... \:D/  ....I'd be happy to pop a high 10 at this point....heck really just like to get it on the street again. got all winter now...   =P~  ...Laters.....

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:02 pm 

looking good Tray.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:43 pm 

Thanks I've really got alot of work to do if I want this chassis to work...
Got a Drag race anti-roll bar to install,rewire entire car front to rear ,install a 10 point cage....get this trans to GO....to work.re-do the subframe connectors..install my used upper adjustable control (10 bucks at a swap   =;  )arms...install my batt box ,nitrous kit,etc..  8-[
But hey...we'll see how it goes over the winter.....I really dont know if I'll get all of it done.But I'm sure gonna try!...  ;-)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:31 am 

Hey Tray,

No shaft rockers here,to much money all at once its got offset Harland Sharps and a stud girdle,and yea tightening those nuts is a chore.

That Mustang is a great platform to start with,big wheel well openings,factory 4- link rear setup,pretty light and any part you need is on the shelf somewhere,the amount of Mustang parts in the aftermarket is unreal should make the build up easier.

A high 10 sec. pass is as close as that blue bottle(or whatever color),just put plenty of safeties in the circut ,wide open throttle,low fuel pressure,trans brake interupt,and make sure the ignition is up to the task.

Well got to go to work now,see ya
                                                  Jeff

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:34 pm 

inVEGArating wrote:
Hey Tray,

No shaft rockers here,to much money all at once its got offset Harland Sharps and a stud girdle,and yea tightening those nuts is a chore.

That Mustang is a great platform to start with,big wheel well openings,factory 4- link rear setup,pretty light and any part you need is on the shelf somewhere,the amount of Mustang parts in the aftermarket is unreal should make the build up easier.

A high 10 sec. pass is as close as that blue bottle(or whatever color),just put plenty of safeties in the circut ,wide open throttle,low fuel pressure,trans brake interupt,and make sure the ignition is up to the task.

Well got to go to work now,see ya
                                                  Jeff

Hum....Yeah I remember afr telling me standard rockers would work   :-  ...Offset Harlands..good deal...
Yeah I think a mid 10 in in the works with the right amount of spray.The cam was a special order comp roller ordered by MR.Tony Biscoff..B.E.S. for the spray....but it was suppose to be 347 stroker motor...The little 308 should really come alive with the jucie..aleast for a few good passes... =;  .
Yes...I'm gonna wire in all the safety stuff..also got to re-wire the whole car while I'm at it.  #-o   ....

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:55 pm 

Hey Tray,
  I was just looking at an older "fastest street car "magazine(2007),they used a stock block 347 to make 656 hp with a fogger setup....they used a Valley Girdle Pro(bolts across the lifter valley in two places) and a main girdle both parts came from Horsepower Sales (419)592-2677    horsepowersales.net .

They used a Holley 750 ultra hp,RHS pro action 200 cc heads,solid flat tappet 258@.050-.600 lift-108 LDA,Victor Jr intake,Nitrous Supply Sportstar kit....pretty impressive numbers for no more than it is

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:23 pm 

inVEGArating wrote:
Hey Tray,
  I was just looking at an older "fastest street car "magazine(2007),they used a stock block 347 to make 656 hp with a fogger setup....they used a Valley Girdle Pro(bolts across the lifter valley in two places) and a main girdle both parts came from Horsepower Sales (419)592-2677    horsepowersales.net .

They used a Holley 750 ultra hp,RHS pro action 200 cc heads,solid flat tappet 258@.050-.600 lift-108 LDA,Victor Jr intake,Nitrous Supply Sportstar kit....pretty impressive numbers for no more than it is

Yep remember reading that....I have almost everything but the valley girdle(which was told really didnt do much by the ford guys) and was almost ready to buy a rotating 347 kit when low and behold  my Standard(5spd) TKOII trans took a dump ,third gear grind and 4th...and ended up buying another TKOII that had been faceplated by liberty gears for racin(1000.00 plus my old stuff)..And it was the sheet let me tell ya(shifted like butter!!)..so that cost me a pretty penny.. and then after that I traded it all away for a C4 trans that suppsoedly had 20 miles on it(dyno runs only.) to the shop and home..Turned out it was toast inside..and the convertor was junk..and now its cost me 375.00 extra "total" and the trans is back at the shop again,...  ](*,)   ](*,)  ..
So...plans where almost  the above....other than a Hydr Roller 580 592 lift 232 240 Dur @ .050..and the spray....  =;  ...Motor made 350 RWHP which should be about 400 at the crank...plus the 200 shot...  \:D/  ..all with a little 308....Those ford blocks are still weak...and was told wouldnt surive to many 500 plus hits..now a 351w block...   ;-)   ;-)   ;-)  408!! can handle 700 plus!.....      =;

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:11 pm 

That sucks about the trans.,but I think the automatic will be faster when you get it put back togther.I have not had much luck with used stuff either!

The combination you have sounds solid though,should make the pony fly,I like the hyd. roller better than the flat solid....what kinda heads are on it....that looks like a Demon on it ,how do you like it?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:33 pm 

inVEGArating wrote:
That sucks about the trans.,but I think the automatic will be faster when you get it put back togther.I have not had much luck with used stuff either!

The combination you have sounds solid though,should make the pony fly,I like the hyd. roller better than the flat solid....what kinda heads are on it....that looks like a Demon on it ,how do you like it?

Canfields 195cc(which where for the 347 )kinda 2 big(as the intake and carb   :-k   ...Demon is gone,,,now its a Holley HPS ..and it is more responsive but seems to be a tad rich at idle.... runs good though.Yes I think the auto will be more consistant at least..  =;  .....I tried to bracket race the stick and it was a crap shoot at best...Hooked real hard,,,bog the motor(sometimes)(I have jet extensions and float levels right)....tire spin outta of the hole it would run o.k  but e.t, due to the tire spin was all over...

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:36 am 

[/quote]" I think the auto will be more consistant at least..  =;  .....I tried to bracket race the stick and it was a crap shoot at best...Hooked real hard,,,bog the motor(sometimes)(I have jet extensions and float levels right)....tire spin outta of the hole it would run o.k  but e.t, due to the tire spin was all over...[/quote]

Hey Tray I had one of these Phords once too.(World Class T5) I tried to launch it at 3500 4000 whatever it would bog the motor..so I brought it up to 5000 and she didn't bog then!! that car I had a blast in... \:D/

6.07@110 on Alcohol Injection with a 4-link 4-6-12
Best 60' 1.2537 Alcohol Injection 4-29-11
Thru the Mufflers!!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:29 am 

I have never raced a standard but I thought you needed to get the rpm pretty high as Jody said,without the torque multiplication of the converter the launch rpm had to be through the roof to get the engine to not bog when the weight of the car is put against it....but as I said I have never raced with a standard so that is just what I have been told.

Those Canfields will be perfect when you get the 408 =; I think that you will have to spin that 308 pretty hard to use that big a head.

Now that you are switching to the auto.I think it will be a faster combination just my $.02

Board index » Racing Forum » Show Off Your Stuff!