Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » Show Off Your Stuff!

Post Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:31 am 
Site Admin

I just found this professionally done photo of my car taken a few years back when I was still racing it. This picture was taken at Piedmont Dragway and as you can see, the front end is off the ground. That 4link setup did this most all the time and was deadly at 60ft. This is a 23* head dished piston engine in a car weighing 3459lbs with my fat arse in it thru the mufflers! I don't recall exact numbers for this particular run but in good air there it would go high 6.40s and in bad air would run high 6.50s and low 6.60s.

Yeah, I do miss racing that car. Just never could get it to run the number good enough to win rounds. It was always a 2 or 3 round car and that was it.

Look here and yes, this is a BIG picture but notice I didn't link directly to it! It will take about a minute and a half or more to open it on dialup.

http://www.kenrutledge.com/pics/studepd.jpg

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:15 pm 

nice ride what did it run

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:24 pm 

So ,,Ken buddy,,whats up with the studbaker... =; have you drivin it to any shows or crusie ins lately?That jut so cool and different...I like it!I think I'd still have to race it though.... :-k Laters

THE ATOMIC BANEGA(BANANA/VEGA)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BagEEa8JDo

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:36 pm 
Site Admin

traysvega wrote:
So ,,Ken buddy,,whats up with the studbaker... =; have you drivin it to any shows or crusie ins lately?That jut so cool and different...I like it!I think I'd still have to race it though.... :-k Laters

Yeah Tray, I really like that car and it did handle really well. That thing was as stable at 137mph as it was at 55 down the highway. Always ran straight as an arrow and was a ton of fun on the street for sure! Yeah, I've been real fortunate in my lifetime. I've had the opportunity to own some really nice cars over my 40+ years in dragracing and I hit a home run when I built that one! \:D/

I bought a new ProForm water pump for it a a week or so ago and actually turned a wrench on it day before yesterday. I really need to get it where we can do the cruise ins again. I did enjoy those from time to time.

It's funny. Every year we went to Super Chevy down at Dinwiddie my car always showed up at the Photosports trailer as a feature car, ie, they took my car picture and blew it up real big and had it out front for advertising. Faye bought one the year we got married there. Looking at it hanging on the shop wall this very moment.

I'll get it where I can drive it again before too much longer. The water pump was the first step in that direction.

It's a good picture of it though, isn't it! \:D/

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:49 pm 

looks like the 0069 is your # you have it on your winshield and i guess that what brought you to having the screenname

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:30 pm 
Site Admin

ctopsshop1 wrote:
looks like the 0069 is your # you have it on your winshield and i guess that what brought you to having the screenname

Yeah when I was a younger man that was a "statement!" At least the 69 part anyway. I just started using it when I built my first Camaro back in 1987 and have every since. Hell, even Faye used it for her user name for a while! Yup, we're a 0069 family I guess =; And yes, we STILL do enjoy it even now! \:D/ :-# OK, too much information so I'll shut up :-# =;

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:03 am 

I love race cars and hot rods and I really enjoy a ride when it is something other than everyone elses ride!!!!!!! that is a cool ride!!!!!!! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ WELL DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.s10dragracer.com/

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:11 pm 

spib wrote:
I love race cars and hot rods and I really enjoy a ride when it is something other than everyone elses ride!!!!!!! that is a cool ride!!!!!!! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ WELL DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What he said Ken !!! Great car,nice picture \:D/ Steve

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:38 pm 
Site Admin

Here ya go Bob. I moved this post up so you could see a real good PIC of the Studebaker.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:59 pm 

I'm with everybody else, you have way too much time and money in that car to let it gather dust, and I'm with tray- that car is screaming- RACE ME

Board index » Racing Forum » Show Off Your Stuff!