Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » Show Off Your Stuff!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:09 pm 

MM when he did the launch in my video he basiclly had no burn out. No smoke came off the tires. Apparrently I rolled him to far from the water. So I guess the track was hooking \:D/  \:D/

6.7772 @ 101.51 1/8th 10.747 @ 122.24 1/4

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:17 pm 

intocarss wrote:
Very cool vids and I'll take two bottles of that hair grower  ;-)

Greg said he can send it to you but he will need credit card info......I dunno if I would trust him with that he does have a drag racing habit 8-[

Chuck's Automotive
Full line Computech dealer
chucksautomotive@yahoo.com

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:48 pm 

WR169 wrote:
Hey Chuck here is the video of your first run with a small burn out. It was a blast working with ya. Sorry no music just sweet motor music. \:D/

Thanks for the vid  Steve and thanks again for the help till my regular help got there. It was a good weekend overall.  

Margaritaman wrote:
Come on Chuck!  You're not the guy driving down the road with the hard rock blasting out the window?

Not so much anymore...

Margaritaman wrote:
OK, here's a completely rookie observation:

It looks like it hits those wheelie bars real hard.  And since for every action there's an equal and opposite reaction, those bars seem to be slamming that front down equally as hard.

Wouldn't it be better to set those bars say 2-3" off the ground thereby letting the bars absorb some of that energy storing it for a longer period of time allowing the weight transfer to do its thing and stay at the rear longer?

Actually those bars are adjusted 4 1/2-5 inches off the ground already.  With my car I have found the upward motion is wasting  energy that could be used for forward motion. I think it's a stick car thing but I have always slowed down with a big wheelstand. I just have to get my set up back to where it isn't rising as fast.  If you go back and look at my video (which was taken later) you'll notice it doesn't hit the bars nearly as hard. I was making small adjustments.   Keep in mind I have been struggling with this car lately and I have changed some stuff in my setup. That and I had to borrow a clutch for this race and it's a harder locking, heavier assembly and that makes a big difference with the way it leaves.  I won't put too much effort into trying to optimize this clutch for my car, it's not staying in it. Just so long as it's consistent.

Chuck's Automotive

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:53 pm 

WR169 wrote:
MM when he did the launch in my video he basiclly had no burn out. No smoke came off the tires. Apparrently I rolled him to far from the water. So I guess the track was hooking \:D/  \:D/

Yeah, you automatic guys were trying to sabotage  me LOL.  I had never paid attention to how far out most of you guys pull from the water.  It was such a poor burnout and the car hooked so well I joked about just driving around the water.

Chuck's Automotive

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:27 am 

very cool car and cool vid!!!!!

http://www.s10dragracer.com/

Board index » Racing Forum » Show Off Your Stuff!