Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » Show Off Your Stuff!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:04 pm 

Hello
 Thanks for the replies. I appreciate all of your opinions
  I am unsure as of yet as how I feel about the flames. They are temporary but I do have to drive it for a while. I had given some drawings to my paint guy to follow for a design , but he changed how the side of the car was, thinking I would like it better and I kinda wish he hadn't
   Deb, my brother and my engine guy saw the car without me being here or talking to them about it beforehand. They liked it and said it really gave an old Hot Rod look to the car.
Myengine guy said it really dates the car, which is basically what I was after. The flames I had drawn are a little more involved which may be just too hard to do in primer($$$$) so maybe this way is better
   I had quite a few years to think of how I wanted it, so it may take me a bit to come around to really like them
    The ones I had drawn where just as big, but different in design. I was unsure of how the white to red would be, but I like the effect..very old school
    I was at the race track yesterday and was talking to a guy who runs a vinyl graphic design company. If I draw the flames on a picture of a vette they can scan it and make everything perfect to exactly how I want it. They fit a template on the car to make sure they allow for a proper fit when applied. It is not that expensive either and if I damage a panel, I can get them to easily make another pc since it is on file. That won't be until it comes to paint for good for the vinyl, but I think I am going to go that route
     I just have to see how well I like the paint job now and how long I decide to drive it as is.
I really wish he had not strayed from my original design, but in primer it may of just made it way too expensive to be a reasonable option
                          thanks again
                                     Tom

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:01 pm 

I'm not much on flames but iv seen a few that looked good i guess it depends on the car and the design i do like the real flames they look good on anything but the vette being my favorite car 63 to 67 that is i just couldn't put flames on one of those but to each his own i always say .
but you have a killer car i like it.

Post subject: flame change
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:07 pm 

Hello
 I am thinking of adding this lick into the car. It is still just in primer, but I like this better than the way it is now
   When it comes time for paint, the car will be much more finished in appearance and with all of what I am doing to it
   At that point, the Rat Rod look may not be appropriate or the flames may not be either even if it is very well done. Right now there is too many little things to do to get the car in the conition I want for final paint. I am unable to do all of that now. Some things that are on the car are not in perfect condition, not bad , but only in a driver car conition
    This car will still be driven, but I want it to be a little nicer overall when it comes time for final paint
      I have thought of many paint schemes including silver with a dark grey or even a blue stinger. That would give the car a much more classy look, but right now the car is not in good enough condition in my mind for that
    Time will tell , but  I really do appreciate all of your comments and advice
                                                  take care
                                          Tom

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:08 pm 

Hey I finally figured out how to post a pic

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:17 pm 

henny496 wrote:
Hey I finally figured out how to post a pic

The cars looking good tom and good job on the pic thingie but now you need to make them smaller so Ken don't have to wait 20 minutes to see it as he's still on dial up  ](*,)  ](*,)  O:)  O:)  O:)  #-o

Best MPH 170.71
Barry

Board index » Racing Forum » Show Off Your Stuff!