Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » Show Off Your Stuff!

Post subject: My new 88 GT stang
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:03 am 

Just got this like 2 weeks ago. Has trick flow track heat cam, not sure which one exactly, but it's perdy lopey \:D/ t5 5speed with hurst shifter, racin seats, Headman Headers, trickflow track heat intake, 3.73 rears.

Now for the pics, she still needs a lil work, and definately some tires and wheels, I can't get any traction on the stockers.

Before Interior shot:

After:

Eventually once I get some money I want some tires and wheels ( weld draglites if I can find a set ) and I'd like to get a set of heads.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:10 am 

I also definately wanna get to workin on the suspension once I get the cash, you can have all the power in the world, but it won't do ya any good if ya can't hook up.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:21 pm 

Will be nice when finished, they are fun little rides.
Greg

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:35 pm 

That new interior looks great. What are the numbers? I think you will have fun with it.

6.7772 @ 101.51 1/8th 10.747 @ 122.24 1/4

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:38 pm 

thanks guys. Don't know any numbers on it yet. Hopefully once I get it running and get some tires I'll run it at the track and see how she does. That's the car prostreet83c10 wants to beat =;

I def need tires though, I can't get the slightest bit of traction with those stockers. I can't decide whether to go with a good set of street tires, drag radials or slicks. What do you guys think? I don't really wanna break anything, but I won't be runnin at the track very often. Any suggestions?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:58 pm 

I would look for a decent set of slicks and mount them on extra wheels. =;

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:22 pm 

My youngest son had one just about like this. He hit a deer with it and brought it home for me to fix it. I suprized him with a complete flip flop paint job. Actually it was all the left over partial cans of any red or blue metealic i had laying around, then doctored it with a big load of pearls. He loved that car, but when he got married he had to sell it for a down payment on a house.
Looks like it's mostly there. You can get the lights at anyplace that sells northstar products in your area. they are after market but look the same when mounted. The door moulding is a ford only idem. Do not bend these molding when removing or they never will be the same. That's incase you want to get one from a salvage yard. If you want more info yell.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:58 pm 

thanks man. I have the lights, just gotta put em in. Have hte door molding too, same situation. lol. I have mostly everything for it, just gotta do it to it. I seem to be hearing from a lot of people to get nitto 555r's. Sound good or just pure slicks?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:27 pm 

id still recommend mickey thompson E.T. street radials.....can be driven daily and still have a good compound for racing

R/T: .194
60': 2.322
330: 6.379
1/8: 9.803
MPH: 71.37
1000: 12.781
1/4: 15.314
MPH: 88.79

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:39 pm 

For tires, I would say any DOT M/T but their drag radials do work good.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:52 am 

The biggest MT street radial I can run on my stock size wheels is 235/60-15. I'm thinkin it woulb prob be best to wait for sme 9 or 10" rims to run a 275 or somethin eh?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:35 pm 

M/T recomends 8 or 8.5 for that size. slight fender trimming may be needed, and the proper wheel backspace is important.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:48 pm 

long time no post. Got some work done on her, got it lookin a lil better. Then I hit a deer #-o

Doin a head swap next month for some gt40p explorer heads I plan on cleanin up a bit. Pkus doin some other cosmetic stuff. I'm losing my license for 2 months so that's gonna be my time to get some work done on it.

Any suggestions what color to paint the block and what not? since I'm doin the head swap while I have all that stuff apart I wanna paint my motor. Engine bay will be white.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:42 pm 

Lookin' very good! It's a shame that damn deer got in the way...Why not paint the engine block to match the car? I've done that a bunch of time for street rods, the same paint that the car was painted with will work fine, especially since you won't be painting the heads since their aluminum. Great job on bringin that baby back to life, I hope you took alot of progress pictures!!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:13 pm 

the car paint will hold up to the heat? I don't have any, all I was told is that it's Intense Blue Pearl. Man I didn't even know the GT40p's where aluminum, that's good to know. Think they'd polish up at all or is it like a rough cast looking finish?

Board index » Racing Forum » Show Off Your Stuff!