Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » Show Off Your Stuff!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:09 am 

Sam wrote:
Nice car Ron, 572 as well, that'll fly..

I'll watch the carb results with interest..

ya sam i will keep you posted on the carb deal ken keeps telling me how much better my engine will run with carbs . :-k but i like the hat enjection so we will see. if it does how many i told you so,s do you think i will hear . i kinda hope he,s right i like the way the scoop looks on the bird. =;

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:13 am 

gdmii wrote:
ron owens wrote:
ya george i already been making passes so how fast have you been iv been in the 4,s and never left the garage but man it was fast. =;

=; =; I don't think I made it to the 4s but it was going like hell then my partner came out and opened the door...bummer!

Have you had a chance to look it over? What are you going to have to change?

George

no george i havent really looked to see what all i will change yet but im sure monday night a will have my list together i think tray is coming by to check it also im going to give him a call monday im sure he will make a pass to . we will see how fast he goes. =;

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:03 am 

Hummmm, I made about a 100 passes in the beretta already and never left the garage O:) Good luck Ron.. Tell Tray to stop by We miss him =;

Best MPH 170.71
Barry

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:15 am 
Site Admin

Ron I'm not the only one that has stated that carbs make more power than a hat. BG tech support also made that same statement on another thread on THIS board last week. So don't take my word for it! Those guys are the Professionals so I'd believe them first. Of course you could call Kevin Simpson ( former Sonny's dyno guy) and he'll tell you the same thing.

And I promise, I won't tell you "I told you so" either! If the time slips prove it then I won't have to say ANYTHING! O:)

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:34 am 

Are You sure...LOL \:D/

And I promise, I won't tell you "I told you so" either! If the time slips prove it then I won't have to say ANYTHING! O:)[/quote]

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:57 pm 

StrokerCamaro wrote:
Are You sure...LOL \:D/

And I promise, I won't tell you "I told you so" either! If the time slips prove it then I won't have to say ANYTHING! O:)
[/quote]

he's sure...... he's already asked me to say it...... =; =; =;

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:24 pm 

well ken i sure hope your right if not you may need to buy these dom,s no just kidding =; your not the only one that has told me that latley but i hope your right cause i sure like the enjection it,s deadly and run,s strong no lag there but it,s going to be fun eather way \:D/ oh ya mel looks like jody got a few more of those checks thann any of us maybe we all should be taken lessions from him. he,s track champ. \:D/ i ended up be chump . =;

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:06 am 

ron owens wrote:
well ken i sure hope your right if not you may need to buy these dom,s no just kidding =; your not the only one that has told me that latley but i hope your right cause i sure like the enjection it,s deadly and run,s strong no lag there but it,s going to be fun eather way \:D/ oh ya mel looks like jody got a few more of those checks thann any of us maybe we all should be taken lessions from him. he,s track champ. \:D/ i ended up be chump . =;

Chump or not Ron, You still had fun though... =; =; =;

Best MPH 170.71
Barry

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:54 pm 

Beretta wrote:
ron owens wrote:

Chump or not Ron, You still had fun though... =; =; =;

ya we sure did barry we did not take first but we got second a couple of times and made it the q,s a few times and in the semi,s a few times so not all bad if i do as good next year with this new car i will still be happy . =;

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:57 am 

Now you just need a Members only firebird jacket Then we can call you THE BANDIT LOL Congrats Best of luck with it \:D/

2008 P.S.C.A B1 Champ

2010 WCHRA SPM Champ

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:25 am 

It's all about Having Fun!!! That is why I put so many passes on a motor every season...just an't get enough of the ride. \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

6.07@110 on Alcohol Injection with a 4-link 4-6-12
Best 60' 1.2537 Alcohol Injection 4-29-11
Thru the Mufflers!!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:27 am 
Site Admin

Speaking of "chumps", I don't think I made it past 3rd round but once all year! O:) But hey, I will still be racing the SAME car next season, which is something I haven't done in a while! =; I've been in a different car the past three years running, which Rick reminded me of when I was crying about not going rounds earlier this year. He really knows how to hurt a guy. I guess down side of it all is that I'll have a completely different engine? O:)

At least I won't have to rework the car in the process of shaking down that new engine though.

Friday, pit bitch and I are going to put the 4link back where it was when I bought the car. I'm convinced that the IC needs to go out and up a little to keep the front end down with more power. It worked OK with the junk engine but with somewhere near 300 more HP on tap I can see problems with it like it is. The wheelie bars will be back on next year also.

I'm shooting for some shake down runs about mid March, or sooner if weather permits. Piedmont Dragway is open in the winter if temps are above 45* and no falling weather so it might be possible to get some passes on it before then.

We shall see!

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:59 am 

Beretta wrote:
Hummmm, I made about a 100 passes in the beretta already and never left the garage

LOL, I do the same thing only I don't take the car cover off, that way the gas fumes inside help make it more realistic!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:14 pm 

nlmsc33 wrote:
ron i know you've just GOTTA have that bigass firechicken decal on the hood.

call pheonix graphics.
they've got a PERFECT reproduction.

oh yeah. THAT'S YOU BUDDY \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

mel i may just have to do that i thought i may have to call it the old crow since it was all black but i do like that big bird decal :-k and not the 6 foot yellow one i new i better throw that in there =; thanks mel

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:19 pm 

ron how far are you from london kentucky?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Racing Forum » Show Off Your Stuff!