Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » Show Off Your Stuff!

Post subject: The evil twin......
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:11 pm 

My 79Z BBC 4 speed bracket racer.....

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:18 pm 

if it is evil, must be female, what is her name? \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

ecbrc super stock 315 4bbl 2007 champs. high point boat overall 2007.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:20 pm 

...she was named Candi, because of her skin color :-$ :-$

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:10 pm 

tonyy358 wrote:
if it is evil, must be female, what is her name? \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

thats funny right there

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:03 am 

Nice Camaro, I had a Big Block 4 speed 79 years ago that looked just like yours. Loads of fun on the street.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:24 am 

candi, nice! innocent and attractive. just enough to lure you in. :-$

ecbrc super stock 315 4bbl 2007 champs. high point boat overall 2007.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:13 pm 

Hey Magicratt nice car \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Got some #'s on it love to hear about it.

Mitch

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:47 pm 

Well, like any female with a sexy name, she has issues. And plenty of them!! LOL. When I did all the planning to build her I used most of the spare parts I had laying around. It's a 402 with rectangle port heads, solid lifter cam, 850 holley, M-22 4 speed, and a nine inch rear with 5.00 gears. Car weighs is at almost 3700 lbs. with me in it. So far the best time is a 12.60@114 mph with the worlds worst 1/8 miles times. She really comes alive after the 1/8 mile mark. That is one of the biggest issues with her at this time. The square port heads are killing all the bottom end torque, thats why I went with the 5.00 gears. It helped a little, but at this point is nothing but a band aid. We made some changes over the winter but I haven't made any passes yet. Coming soon though.......

Rich

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:26 pm 

Hey that ain't nothing to sneeze at, if the cars consistent that's all you need \:D/ ................................Well, maybe a good light or two =D> =D> =D> no really thanks for the info and keep us up to date

Thanks

Mitch

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:58 pm 

Problem is I compete in a 12.00 index class. A 12.60 et don't make the ladder and it's back on the trailer. Need to find those couple extra .xx's to make the show...........

Rich

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:39 pm 

Rich tell us more and possibly some of the guys here can find more band aids. what are cam specs? valve lash? do you have a button in timing gear? any spacers under carb? header size and length? flywheel weight? Some times there are more than one way to skin a cat. or lose a couple tents. you getting hooked up on the tires and suspention your running? What RPM do you shift at and what are they going threw the traps? Is there any weight you can leave at home?

Post subject: Re: The evil twin......
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:53 pm 

MagicRatt wrote:
My 79Z BBC 4 speed bracket racer.....

=D> =D> =D> ....Nice lookin' car there Bud....like the body style...hehehehe \:D/ \:D/

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:45 pm 

Bubstr wrote:
Rich tell us more and possibly some of the guys here can find more band aids. what are cam specs? valve lash? do you have a button in timing gear? any spacers under carb? header size and length? flywheel weight? Some times there are more than one way to skin a cat. or lose a couple tents. you getting hooked up on the tires and suspention your running? What RPM do you shift at and what are they going threw the traps? Is there any weight you can leave at home?

Actually, most of the off season work was spent to fix an unexpected distributor problem that just happen to wipe out the gear on the camshaft ](*,) ](*,). My motor builder ( Mike Rogers) warned me from the start that the combination of parts I wanted to use wasn't the best of choices, but it was all I had to work with so we decided to make to best of it. The big problem is the lack of low end power. The old cam was a crane solid lifter PN CC-290-NC with a rpm range of 3800-7200. The intake is a weiand x-cellerator with an open spacer and a 850 Holley. The heads are stock closed chamber square ports. Compression is close to 12 to 1. I run a 4 speed box with a set of 5.00 gears out back. I launch the car anywhere from 4300-4500 rpm. Tires are ET streets, 28x10.5. Trap rpm's are @7200. That was last years combo that bested a 12.60@114 back in November, '05.

This year, so far we have changed the cam to a Crane PN CC-314-2 with a rpm range of 3400-7000. Mike also suggested a switch to a 4 hole spacer plate. I did manage to start removing weight from the car, especially over the nose. I was hoping to do more over the winter, but the cam change took up a lot of time and resources. Hopefully, I get to make my first pass of the season in a couple weeks, and get the ball rolling. \:D/ \:D/

Board index » Racing Forum » Show Off Your Stuff!