Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » Show Off Your Stuff!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:07 pm 

Margaritaman wrote:
Street car? hehe, that's about as much of a street car as mine is!

Seriously, cool ride. I will never forget going to a friend of a friend of a friend's house as a 16 year old and they started up a Vega coupe with open headers...that was the beginning of the end.

MM
Yes sir, Its the stuff like that, that got us hooked, I remember watching people in novas and chevelles , dump water on there back tires, and then just roast em, IT WAS SO COOL, I didnt even have a chance, I was hooked!!!!!!!!!! very cool vega!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.s10dragracer.com/

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:21 pm 

it all depends on what street you live on =;

ecbrc super stock 315 4bbl 2007 champs. high point boat overall 2007.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:25 am 

Hey guys,first thank you all for the kind words they are appreciated,this may sound strange to most but to me it is the build that I live for....I love to work on these things and if this one were to be done I would just have to start on another!I know some guys who could care less how the wiring is routed or if there are oil stains all over the intake etc. as long as it will go a quarter mile that is ok and they never want to work on them other than putting fuel in it and loading it into the trailer,but that is not me, if I miss an entire season because I am updating some part of the car I don't care,to me that is the passion,the pursuit of making it nicer or faster or safer or whatever.
As far as a street car it just depends on what you can live with,but I believe these things should be on the street,it never ceases to amaze me the attention these type cars get and I think that we should keep them out on the streets for all to enjoy as much as possible!Don't get me wrong I like going to the dragstrip also but to me it limits me to how much I can enjoy the car....not long ago I took the car to Tim Hortons on a saturday mourning to get coffee and when I came back out there were 6 people standing around the car ages 10-50 just wanting to hear it start up and run ,they stood there until I was out of site with huge grins on thier faces and I had one as well.I think that we that are capable have a responsiblity to keep these cars out in public its part of our heritage and there are no shortage of people that are not able or willing to own them but love to see them
It could be said that my car is not a street car but a race car with tags on it,I don't care I keep it legal enough to keep it on the streets with DOT tires, working lights,mirrors...etc,and I don't drive it like I stole it so the local authorities enjoy seeing it just as much as others(not to say it dosen't leave a set of black marks every once in awhile).My wife and I take it to cruise ins,I pick up my high school sons from football practice(this practice really draws a crowd!!!)or just go to get an ice cream cone.I am not trying to justify this as a street car but just to say that if it were to just be a race car I think my family and I would miss alot of fun with it!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:29 am 

sounds like you have fun with your hot rod and thats why we have them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.s10dragracer.com/

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 2:18 pm 
Site Admin

Yeah I really enjoyed driving the Stude too, when it had balls! Like you say, ppl would crowd around the car anywhere I stopped with it. Course sometimes I would "churp" a tire when I left O:) =;

Down side was I never could get that car consistent enough to be competitive on a weekly basis and it got to the point that racing and winning was more important than driving on the street, hence the two dragsters I had over the last 3 years.

But I still have a little fun with the Stude even with the basically stock 355 engine in it. It will still turn heads going down the road at 55 MPH! =;

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)

Board index » Racing Forum » Show Off Your Stuff!